Voyage Audio Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: October 12, 2022
Spatial Mic Converter Plugin Updated To Include New Conversion Filters, Dante Mic Compatibility
Available now in countries worldwide, Spatial Mic Dante & USB are shipping with Spatial Mic Converter Plugin v1.6.1 – an update that includes new filters designed in an anechoic chamber, Spatial Mic Dante support & more.
San Diego, CA, October 12, 2022— Voyage Audio announces Spatial Mic Converter plugin v1.6.1 — an update that includes new filters created in an anechoic chamber for both Spatial Mic USB and Spatial Mic Dante. The update also includes a new dropdown to select which microphone the original audio was recorded with so the correct conversion filters are used. The plugin is available as a free download. Purchase options for Spatial Mic are at https://voyage.audio/where-to-buy.
The Spatial Mic 360° Recording System relies on the Spatial Mic Converter plugin to transform the raw 8 capsule recordings from Spatial Mic into a format suitable for audio production. The output from the plugin can be configured for spatial audio production (ambix and FuMa at 1st and 2nd order are supported), mono & stereo with the virtual mic options including mid-side and various surround formats like 7.1.4 ATMOS.
“The new filters have been completely redesigned from the ground up using Voyage Audio’s automated tools in a fully anechoic chamber”, said Voyage Audio founder Colin Ritchie. “Enhanced measurement coupled with newly re-worked post processing code has enabled us to create filters with enhanced spatial resolution and more accurate virtual mic pattern decoding, resulting in incredible lifelike sound and versatility”.
These new filters have been created for both Spatial Mic Dante and Spatial Mic USB. The original filters for Spatial Mic USB remain as options in the plugin.
In addition, a complete recording studio session created with multiple Spatial Mic Dante’s networked together has been made available as a free download for Pro Tools & Reaper. Use this session as a tool to learn how to best use Spatial Mic for the type of production you are most interested in.
What’s New in Spatial Mic Converter v1.6.1
- New Spatial Mic USB filters: Type X & Type Y.
- Type X: Created from measurements in a fully anechoic chamber & then processed with new code.
- Type Y: Created from measurements in a fully anechoic chamber & then processed with new code with diffuse EQ to target a flatter frequency response than Type X.
- New Spatial Mic Dante filters: Type A & Type B.
- Type A: Created from measurements in a fully anechoic chamber & then processed with new code.
- Type B: Created from measurements in a fully anechoic chamber & then processed with new code with diffuse EQ to target a flatter frequency response than Type A.
- New Mic dropdown for either Spatial Mic USB or Spatial Mic Dante selection.
- New Factory presets for both USB and Dante are now included for quick access to pre-configured plugin parameters
- Separate installers for each piece of Voyage Audio software are now available at https://voyage.audio/downloads
Spatial Mic Converter is a 64-bit plugin available in VST3 and AAX format for macOS and Windows. The plugin requires a host capable of multichannel audio tracks like Reaper, Pro Tools Ultimate or Nuendo. The plugin and demo sessions are available as free downloads on the Voyage Audio website to test system compatibility.